At the Grissom Air Museum…
Please contact Jim Price at 574-398-1451 to plan your next tour, plane wash, or fundraiser event.
We are working hard to ensure that the aircraft in our collection are maintained so as to tell the stories of our many veterans and their experiences. While visiting the museum, be sure to read about the history of each aircraft. Such as:
- Our B-17 painted to represent Miss Liberty Belle of the 305th Bomb Group. The real Miss Liberty Belle was lost on their 65th combat mission. After making it all the way home after the mission, they were about to land and noticed an airplane that had wounded on board. The crew of Miss Liberty Belle, although also wounded, decided to let the airplane damaged worse to cut ahead of them. While circling back to land they lost an engine and crashed.
- Our UH-1 Huey is a mulit-tour Vietnam Combat Veteran and flew in country from 1968-1972.
- The F-102 in our collection is a rare two seat TF-102 variant and was flown by former President of the United States George W. Bush.
- Our F-100 Super Sabre was flown by Apollo 11 Astronaut and first man on the moon, Neil Armstrong.
- The B-25 was flown in the movie Catch-22 as Passionate Paulette.
- Our C-47 is being repainted to honor Lt. Jim Haus who flew C-47′s in the 1st Air Commando Squadron in the China-Burma-India Theater.
April – October
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
November – December
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Grissom Air Museum offers guided tours for groups of ten (10) of more people.
Please call 574-398-1451, to schedule your group tour.
We accept all major credit cards and debit cards
General Admission: $5.00
Children ages 6 and under: Free
We have a 15 acre park west of the Exhibit Hall that can be rented for your event. On this land are a pavilion, which seats 80-100 people, electrical and water hook ups, and a gas/charcoal grill. Please call 574-398-1451 to schedule your event.
Grissom Air Museum
1000 W. Hoosier Blvd.
Peru, Indiana 46970
US Highway 31, at Grissom Air Reserve Base Approx. 10 miles south of Peru, Indiana; approx. 15 miles north of Kokomo.
Driving directions with Google Map